Monday, April 11, 2011

Husbands say the darndest things...

The past two weeks have been brutal.  My connective tissue disease is in a serious flare - severe joint and back pain, crippling fatigue, facial rashes, and feeling like I'm going to collapse any moment.  Similar to the feeling you get when you fast for more than a day or two.  On top of that, the aspirin I took to help with the inflammation flared my stomach ulcer, which left me bent over in pain all weekend. 
Because of this, I haven't been able to workout.  I barely can walk.   I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow, where she will hopefully give me steroids (good for pain, bad for weight management).  I haven't been careful with my food intake this past week.  Scratch that, I've been eating without limits for a few weeks.  I was sure I had gained weight.  But, maybe because of the flare, I've actually lost weight.  Only two pounds, but it's not what I was expecting when I jumped on the scale today.

Granted, this time last month I had set my goal for 10 to 15 pounds lost by now, but after being sick for so long, any weight loss is awesome.

Anyway - DH had another hilarious statement tonight.  He stayed home sick from work today (which always drives me nuts - he expects me to wake early, and while I'm allowed to lay around all day when I'm sick, if I fall back asleep, he gets upset), but he was in his office, logged into work.  Even though I'm sick I had to run a few errands today, and then I was so tired when I got home, I crashed.  At 7 pm tonight, we finally begin to spend time together, which usually means we're watching TV together.  I was reading the news, and came across some crazy news story that I felt compelled to share with him.  After he paused the DVR, he looked at me and said, "If this is what you're going to do, I'm going to put on reruns and go downstairs.  You had all day to do this (read him funny news stories).  It's TV time now." 

Ahh how I love spending such great 'quality time' with him.  In all seriousness though, I love him to death.  And TV kinda is our thing.  We watch way too much TV, and its incredible he isn't seriously overweight.  :-)

Intake today so far:

* 2 weight watchers dark chocolate covered raspberry smoothie bars - 160 / 9 g of fat
* turkey dog - 80 / 1 g
* 100 calorie dark chocolate cookies - 100 / 4 g
* 1 cup trix cereal - 120 / 1 g
* 1/2 cup skim milk - 40 / 0 g

I'll probably eat something else tonight, because when I'm sick I need all the energy I can get.

P.S. Super excited today - my mom bought me a dress for my grandparents anniversary party.  It was a hideous size 16, which I was sure would be too fitted (in December I had to buy two new pairs of jeans - size 18 - and while they've gotten really loose, I had no idea what size I was or if my weight loss was even showing) but it was actually pretty loose.  Hopefully by the party next month it will be really loose and I'll need to get another one or have it taken in.

xx hugs xx

No comments:

Post a Comment